View Single Post
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 30th September 2017, 09:57 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Jimmy Vardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
The rally was moved onto the site about 8 or 9 years ago as the field was too wet that year. It proved to be so successful that it has remained on site since. The great advantage of being on the tarmac is that engines can always be sure to be able to move round. There are added attractions such as free train rides, a museum full of interesting exhibits and a 1km miniature railway.
I seem to remember the very wet year was 2007 that was 10 years ago, the year we sold our farm in Quainton, irrelevant really, of course there is a great advantage of being on Tarmac but so there is of having room around an arena/ring, alright on Tarmac if there is enough of it to move about on, yes there are added attractions and my copy of the poster at the beginning of my post mentioned them, or didn't you see it, still you had a thank you for mentioning it that is more than I had from you or a bloke from Sussex for spending time putting photos on here, I have always been grateful for the thanks I have had from TT members and I meet many of them and thank them personally during the season but Facebook is so much easier.