View Single Post
  #22  Post / In Thread 
Old 20th August 2013, 07:40 PM
Engineer

Full Name: John Reeves

Thank you David for this comment. You are, of course, absolutely right. And it is not only the West of England rally that has suffered, and not only rallies - a well known classic commercial vehicle road run that I have attended as a participant since its inception in 2000 was down to about 25 entries this year. I see a lot of rallies 'from the inside', not as a one day visitor. I have been a WESES member for many years, and one of their commentary team since 2002, when I took over a couple of years after Alan's untimely death. I have never had anything to do with the organisation of the event. I would be the last to claim that Stithians as a venue, or the event is perfect, but what event is? And why, in heaven's name, cite other rallies and state that you are going to attend them next year? What's the point? There was a good atmosphere at this year's event - and I was there from Thursday night to Monday morning - and I stood in the rain on Saturday commentating on miniature traction engines in their arena. A lot of people put a lot of effort into the event - if you can do better, then do it..... (Rant over....)

Somerset Steam and Country Show
Low Ham, Langport, July 15th, 16th, 17th, 2016
www.somersettractionengineclub.com