View Single Post
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 1st September 2022, 01:02 PM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by International Steam View Post
Noted both, many thanks.

The Sentinel was a case of using the TER as opposed to the programme and my own eyes/brain. The latter more and more unreliable.

"The Mascot" similarly is a TER error, which has been perpetuated ever since I first saw the engine here back in 2013. More reports to correct!

To be fair, I think that in general programmes have a far higher error rate than the TER.

Please, everyone, do correct any mistakes you spot, reports are compiled in a hurry. Either in public or by means of a private message.

Despite appearances, I do have a life outside steam rallies, particularly my garden which has been more or less left to its own devices during the drought. The GDSF report will be progressed when the expected rain appears tomorrow but today there is the small matter of trimming the grass and edges in anticipation.
Ron, the error in the TER is because father misunderstood the info conveyed to him many years ago and therefore made the nameplate wrong without the 'The'. So it is very much fathers error perpetuated elsewhere!. I only corrected it this winter!