View Single Post
  #1  Post / In Thread 
Old 24th April 2017, 05:47 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Alan Jackson
Default Lainchbury Elevator

I bought this by accident at the auction I got my threshing drum - no one was bidding and I thought I would get things going with a 50p bid - unfortunately no one else made a better offer!
When I came to look at it more closely the front axle was so worm eated that it had colapsed - so it cost me half a day bodging it up with angle iron and straps and £60 to get it transported home.
Since then I have repaced the axle.
However it has now been sat out in the yard for over 10 years under a gradually deteriorating sheet and the worms have been well fed.

I haver finally realised that I am unlikely to be in a position to sort it out and it would be a shame to see it deteriorate further.
If anyone out there wants a project and thinks they can do anything with it they can have it for nothing.

Its condition is now dire and it may colapse if moved. I think it will need all or most of the wood work replacing. It is also missing a pulley / gear to put it in and out of drive.
I understand that originally it would have been fitted with a Lister D engine but that it could also be driven by belt from the thresher.
PM me or phone 07850218707 if you are interested.