Thread: Dorset again
View Single Post
  #23  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd January 2014, 07:14 PM
Engineer

Full Name: John Reeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttp2011 View Post
600 acres of prime farmland would allow a developer to build in round figures 9,700 houses so you can see how much profit they would make on such a venture. Another problem with developers is that they rarely use local labour as they bring their own workforce with them.

With money being in short supply owing to the problems with our banking system, I often wonder who will buy all these "new houses" should they ever be built. This is a question which I raise on a regular basis and so far no one has given me a satisfactory answer. Nobody can even tell me a specific price range for affordable housing as this appears to vary from area to area.

Where do you go from here?
Tom, having spent 16 years as a councillor, much of it as chairman, dealing with a 5000 dwelling development I am well aware of how developers work and don't need be told. As has been said, let's get back to what Dorset is all about - I repeat, your original statement was ridiculous. The site is farm land and a major part of the contract with the owners is that it should be returned to the state in which it was found - by GDSF. Setting up, the show itself, pulling down and restoring the land all has to be done within 28 days. Housing and development has nothing to do with this thread. Stop hijacking it (again) to put you own political views....

Somerset Steam and Country Show
Low Ham, Langport, July 15th, 16th, 17th, 2016
www.somersettractionengineclub.com