Thread: Langley 2010
View Single Post
  #1  Post / In Thread 
Old 28th March 2010, 10:31 PM
Engineer

Full Name: james peter brett
Location: Loddon, Norfolk & Nassington East Northamptonshire.
Default Langley 2010

May I please just take an opportunity to thank everyone who came along as exhibitors/stallholders or spectators to this year’s show.

From an exhibition point of view, it was better than ever before (but I would like to see more vintage tractors taking part)

Our special exhibition of Ruston made products was a great success if a little under advertised. There was 15 Ruston made products, the biggest was Dick Pilgrims 7 1/2 BHP AP followed by James Brett’s 4BHP AP, and Richard Sadd's OK. There was a flurry of PB's raging from 1.5BHP models, to 3.5bhp models. 2 PR were on display, R Sadd's 2.5bhp and a 1.5 BHP. Ruston steam was suported by D Barkers 3" Ruston Hornsby agricultural, and D Etheridge's 6" scales Ruston Proctor 3 ton steam tractor. other steam models included 2 Burrell’s (James Brett’s 4" single on a winnower machine made a very nice working display and D Easton’s DCC) a pair of 3" Marshalls (Owned my Dan Snowden and T Martin) 3" Maxitract Aveling Tractor (owned by Brian Catchpole) a Dobman SCC (owned my K Rackham) 3" McLaren 10nhp road loco with a very suitable lowloader (owned by Mel Saberton) a 3" Fowler 10nhp crane engine (Owned by Simon Sterne) a Garrett single (owned my H W Neath) and a 1" scale steam tractor (owned by D sparrow) also was a 1/2 size gardener open crank gas engine (owned by J Read)
Full size steam was supported by 2 regulars, NSSEC Marshall 6nhp single "Woodton Lady" which is 100 years old this year, and Brian Greens Aveling Porter PV C type in the care of Alan Harper-Bourne. There were 5 tractors, made my Ferguson, fordson, international. And a bonzer 3 wheeled motor truck. Aprox 150 old cars were on display as well as much more inside the hall.

(When we preserve our heritage, we protect our future!)

Lord Brett, Bygones Manor, Chedgrave, Loddon, Norwich, Norfolk