Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Wanted Adverts (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Fowler three speed gearing (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=29953)

Lancashire Lad 13th January 2014 07:58 PM

Fowler three speed gearing

I am looking for the drawing for Fowlers three speed gearing. Crank shaft gears and second shaft gear. In particularly I need the detail of the crankshaft intermediate road gear.

I have already asked this else where so my other source may have already obtained the information. However, I am seeing if anyone else has the drawing which I could get a copy of without the rigmarole of dealing with archives.

Gearing should be suitable for an A8/A9/R3 S/RL

windmiller78 13th January 2014 08:07 PM

bob should be able to supply these...

Bosiboz 13th January 2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancashire Lad (Post 287221)
I am looking for the drawing for Fowlers three speed gearing. Crank shaft gears and second shaft gear. In particularly I need the detail of the crankshaft intermediate road gear.

I have already asked this else where so my other source may have already obtained the information. However, I am seeing if anyone else has the drawing which I could get a copy of without the rigmarole of dealing with archives.

Gearing should be suitable for an A8/A9/R3 S/RL

I do hope you're not busy converting some poor little Fowler tar sprayer into a 3 speed B6 showman's road loco:(:)

sparkright 13th January 2014 08:44 PM

Have you not heard about Hildary's new look...?!!

Rod Boesing 13th January 2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkright (Post 287241)
Have you not heard about Hildary's new look...?!!

Best thing that could ever happen to it !.

I'm off now before Mr Brothwell senior spots my post !..........................

:)

janh 13th January 2014 08:58 PM

Hello,

For my Fowler R3 I am also looking for the drawing of the crankshaft and the second shaft with the gears and the special Fowler safety arrangement to ensure That only one gear at a time May Be engaged.

The univercity of Reading has sent me drawing 61290 but this is the two-speed version. They could not tell me what the drawing number must be for the three gears version.

I also hope someone can help me with a copy, a digital photo or scan of these drawings,
Or the right "Fowler" drawing numbers so I can order the drawings at the university of reading.
Incurred costs may be reimbursed.

In advance thank you.

regards Jan

weidner 13th January 2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windmiller78 (Post 287224)
bob should be able to supply these...

Sorry , only D types here .

MARK RIGG 14th January 2014 04:32 PM

Fowler 3 spped gearing .

I have had chance to look through my Fowler collection .

One of the few Fowler build specifications for an 1916 A8 3 Speed Road Loco gives the relevant drawing numbers for :

3 Speed Interlocking Clutch Mechanism 57753

3 Speed Road Gearing 57420

I have checked my index of surviving Fowler drawings and it would appear that drawing 57753 does not now exist.

Regarding 57420 , the title is given as `SHAPE OF GEAR TEETH ` - without seeing the actual drawing I don`t know how much more detail is shown .

I have copies of the drawings for the 2 Speed A 5 Gearing and Clutch , but these will probably be not much help

MARK

janh 14th January 2014 07:53 PM

Thank you for your efforts Mark.
I do not know exactly what the Interlocking Clutch Mechanism is, but I think I'm going to order both drawings at the university of Reading.

I'm going to investigate this further.

regards Jan

Stuart H 14th January 2014 09:36 PM

Fowler gearing.

Dan and Jan

According to a list of drawings from Reading they have the following:-
52607 - Road spur gearing - A7 only
58797 - Road spur gearing - Traction
59560 - Road spur gearing - Road loco
These are from the A7,A8 list

On the R3 list there is:-
52607 - Road spur gearing - agricultural engines