Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Steam Events (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Looking for a rally for miniatures (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=27961)

paulh 2nd August 2013 10:37 PM

Looking for a rally for miniatures

Can anyone recommend a rally where I could run my little 2 inch scale engine? I know this is often not practical at full-size engine rallies, but maybe it's worth asking. Ideally somewhere within 60 miles of London, to the south, with some tarmacked roads.
I liked to go to Amberley, and Exbury, but neither of these events is running this year so I am seeking other events for a drive.

Thanks
Paul

andym 3rd August 2013 07:15 AM

for next year the gun powder mill at watham abbey and trevithick day at dartford both early in the year may time.
andy

UJ2225 3rd August 2013 08:06 AM

Bressingham steam museum minature rally next weekend (10th/11th Aug)

Jim

andym 3rd August 2013 08:27 AM

also ardingly early july

s2steamy 3rd August 2013 07:34 PM

Holycombe has a hard tarmac surface up the center of the site, to late for this year though been and gone.

paulh 3rd August 2013 08:39 PM

Steve,
Yes Hollycombe is ideal for me - I went there in May for the WSMTEC rally. There is a Model Weekend there in September which I am planning to attend, hoping to drive on their long road.

Jim,
Bressingham is just a bit too far for me unfortunately, I am in SW London and would have to set off very early to get there by 9 am.

Please keep your suggestions coming!
Thanks
Paul

5inchrail 3rd August 2013 10:38 PM

www.cdmes.org and our big event is next weekend...

Will-Higgs 4th August 2013 11:10 AM

Twyford Waterworks October rally on the first Sunday in October. Very friendly place, tarmac areas and short, well kept grass. Have run 2" miniatures there often myself.

MBmtew 4th August 2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulh (Post 266095)
Can anyone recommend a rally where I could run my little 2 inch scale engine? I know this is often not practical at full-size engine rallies, but maybe it's worth asking. Ideally somewhere within 60 miles of London, to the south, with some tarmacked roads.
I liked to go to Amberley, and Exbury, but neither of these events is running this year so I am seeking other events for a drive.

Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul

I organise Miniature Traction Engine Weekend on behalf of the Battlefield Line at Market Bosworth in Leicestershire. Our event is April 26th/27th and we do this event specifically for miniatures. A friend of mine has a 2" scale engine which runs quite happily on our gravel driveways at the Goods Yard where we run the show. We are hoping for 35 miniatures in 2014. I know you a way from us (100 miles I would guess) but you would of course be welcome to camp or caravan with us for the weekend. Also 100 miles from you, or so, is the Kingsbury Rally which is all tarmac.

Best Regards

Sam :)

Victor Vectis 4th August 2013 07:12 PM

[QUOTE=MBmtew;266229]Hi Paul

I organise Miniature Traction Engine Weekend on behalf of the Battlefield Line at Market Bosworth in Leicestershire. Our event is April 26th/27th and we do this event specifically for miniatures.QUOTE]

This is a bit of a daft idea, but.........................................

How close is this to the canal?

Or, perhaps more to the point, any ideas on how to get a 4" scale traction engine on and off a narrowboat?

*think

SAM
Ryde
IOW