Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Wanted Adverts (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Aveling and porter f type parts wanted 10344 (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=37832)

steamytuba 1st April 2016 01:46 PM

Aveling and porter f type parts wanted 10344

Iam looking for parts to help rebuild aveling and porter 10344 we believe it to be its an f type piston valve presently a tractor any boiler fittings or tender fittings and gear change mechanism available please get in touch if any one has the original engine plate of 10344 and wish to repatriate it to its rightful engine that would be fantastic if it's still in existance

Aveling 8837 1st April 2016 04:32 PM

Being an E.C.C engine (my area of interest ;) ) ... Royalty No.10344 (NO 5894) 10 ton F type was ordered new by Essex County Council in 1922 and spent most of its working life around Dunmow.

Will the engine be going back to roller form?

C.M.FANCE 1st April 2016 05:21 PM

Interesting - what's the story? It's not in the TER.

Aveling 8837 1st April 2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.M.FANCE (Post 360339)
Interesting - what's the story? It's not in the TER.

Owned by ECC till mid 1950s and sold to Hardwicks, believe this was the engine that sat outside the sawmill at Blackgang chine for many years with the electric motor inside the firebox driving a belt around the flywheel?.

Just to add - not trying to hijack this thread!

steamytuba 1st April 2016 07:09 PM

no hijacking at all as we ourselves know very little apart from the Blackgang Chine ownership

so the engine is nearly back on home turf being only 14 to 15 miles from buntingford now a days run once back in steam

steamytuba 1st April 2016 08:11 PM

question of back to roller or not well its been a tractor now for over 36 yrs and some of that arguably commercially in the blackgang Saw Mill/Blackgang Chine and was in use commercially as a roller for only 28 yrs with ECC so its 50/50

UJ2225 7th April 2016 07:20 AM

It was never used commercially at the Blackgang chine sawmill other than being a glorified sign post.

The conversion was a basic one which to be honest looks pretty awful and would need to be re-done with new wheels, perch bracket etc to make it useable and anywhere near half decent looking.

Fingers crossed the engine is returned to original condition as an F type roller. I have some working day pictures I will happily share if it helps the owner in his decision to restore back to a roller.

Jim

steamytuba 7th April 2016 08:54 AM

Working day photos are always welcome Jim

steamytuba 7th April 2016 09:17 AM

At least it's an engine saved from the scrap man and what ever form it comes out as it will be far better than it was and u cannot get away from its history and yrs as a tractor and I did say arguably commercially even be it an advertising banner it's spent more of its life as a tractor be it crude and awful exactly as my first engine was when I got that which also was an early scrap yard saved engine engines were change all the time from one form or another for commercial use during there working days tractors to showmans showmans to road locos it's all part and parcel of traction engine history this is an historic engine known to many as it is now so what's correct cause of action in a case such as this history is history

steamytuba 7th April 2016 09:18 AM

Back to business and parts available please get in touch