Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Steam Events (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   MSRVS miniature engine rally, Tewkesbury Glos (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=42746)

naomicornish 20th June 2018 06:33 PM

Thank you Les, and Grum, that is fantastic.... I'd be more than happy to put some money in the pot!

If you sell polo shirts - I'd be interested in purchasing one, too....

Look forward to meeting the team! :) Not sure whether I'm coming up on the Saturday or Sunday yet......! Not decided!

LiveSteam 20th June 2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naomicornish (Post 403176)
Look forward to meeting you at the weekend, Andy.
N

Unfortunately I'll be 32miles (as the crow flys) to the east at the Bloxham Rally near Newbury all weekend, so many rallys and not enough weekends :confused:

naomicornish 20th June 2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 403184)
Unfortunately I'll be 32miles (as the crow flys) to the east at the Bloxham Rally near Newbury all weekend, so many rallys and not enough weekends :confused:

Oh! That’s a shame [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grumbum1 20th June 2018 09:24 PM

Naomi

Polo's and similar goodies available on the club stand!

Grum

Gordon Bennett 20th June 2018 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 403184)

I should check the map before you go... You won't even be in the right county...! :o *cry ;)

I hope to go to the Banbury "do", I may see you there!

Michael

LiveSteam 21st June 2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Bennett (Post 403192)
I should check the map before you go... You won't even be in the right county...! :o *cry ;)

Was just a quick google line on the map so not at all accurate *secret:D

grumbum1 25th June 2018 05:38 PM

Just to complete the thread - The driver experience sessions were a huge success based on the happy faces (quite a few grubby and smutty it should be said!) of everyone who came to collect their badge and certificate. A significant donation to Sue Ryder will be made in due course.

It interesting that for the first session on Saturday morning we had four engines offering driver experience - Sunday afternoon saw a really busy ring (12 engines going round) with a queue of engines awaiting their "trainees".

I am sure this will now become an annual "opportunity".

Thanks to everyone who supported our show. We will try and arrange similar weather next year!

Grum

naomicornish 25th June 2018 06:41 PM

I certainly enjoyed my day, and I am glad Sunday was a success, too.... was great to meet yourself, Derek, Peter, and both Chris', as well as other members with their engines around the field....
Looking forward to next year already! It was worth the drive up.... (just needs more entertainment for kids... that's the only thing)

Jonathan New 25th June 2018 07:38 PM

I went Sunday and become a member of the club. I was fortunate to have a driving session in the ring on Mr Sharpe's 4" Clayton & shuttlewoth which was my first ever experience at driving an engine. I then was given the opportunity to drive a 6" engine belonging to a member of the black country club, sorry I forgot his name. Thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Bullfrog 26th June 2018 11:19 AM

As previously mentioned all donations are going to Sue Ryder hospices, as soon as I get a confirmation of the total raised I will post details here. Thanks to all who took part and without a doubt a similar thing will take place next year.