Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Steam Events (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bill Targett Memorial Steam & Vintage Rally 16/17th may (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=34906)

Paul-Fish-Photos 11th May 2015 10:17 AM

Bill Targett Memorial Steam & Vintage Rally 16/17th may

This coming weekend is Bill Targett Steam Rally,
16th & 17th may,
Highbridge farm
Allbrook
nr Eastleigh
SO50 6HN

not seen much advertisment online :(

I am in the area latter part of this week, so if anyone is planning to road there thursday/friday, i would love to be able to take some photos of your engine on the road to the site.

PM {private message} or reply on this thread please :)

Fowler_19045 11th May 2015 02:21 PM

Hi,

Well the rally is certainly on, I roaded my roller & Stuart took his Garrett Showmens Tractor over yesterday in readiness. I believe Douglas will be roading his Aveling Traction over on Friday & Roger will have his Aveling roller bath chaired over later on.

There are two Garrett's are stabled in Twyford, along with a Wallis roller & maybe making their way down Friday evening too?

Regards,

Dan

Fowler13140 11th May 2015 05:10 PM

Well we are roading Fowler 13140 over on friday evening with 2 pole timber trailers in tow

Paul-Fish-Photos 11th May 2015 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fowler13140 (Post 334986)
Well we are roading Fowler 13140 over on friday evening with 2 pole timber trailers in tow

And that sounds perfect for some good photos thumbsup

Traction engine fan 11th May 2015 07:21 PM

one of the Garrett's is roading down on the Friday from Twyford, not sure about the other two engines though

avelingporter 12th May 2015 01:53 PM

Weather looks better for Friday after a wet Thursday. Ground dries quite quickly.

I intend to leave Bursledon Brickworks about 11:30 ish. Heading uphill to Curbridge, into Botley and then the Fair Oak road. Over the hill to Fishers Pond and left through the back of Colden Common. Stop at the Dog and Crook to take on water, then on to the rally site. Should be there mid afternoon.

Douglas

Paul-Fish-Photos 12th May 2015 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avelingporter (Post 335075)
Weather looks better for Friday after a wet Thursday. Ground dries quite quickly.

I intend to leave Bursledon Brickworks about 11:30 ish. Heading uphill to Curbridge, into Botley and then the Fair Oak road. Over the hill to Fishers Pond and left through the back of Colden Common. Stop at the Dog and Crook to take on water, then on to the rally site. Should be there mid afternoon.

Douglas

Excellent, thank you,

You all will be seeing me hopefully at some point pointing a camera, or 2, at your engines.

McLaren2 13th May 2015 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul-Fish-Photos (Post 334944)
This coming weekend is Bill Targett Steam Rally,
16th & 17th may,
Highbridge farm
Allbrook
nr Eastleigh
SO50 6HN

not seen much advertisment online :(

I am in the area latter part of this week, so if anyone is planning to road there thursday/friday, i would love to be able to take some photos of your engine on the road to the site.

PM {private message} or reply on this thread please :)

At least 14 engines expected so should be able to see some on the road Friday or early Saturday morning!

McLaren2 13th May 2015 07:46 AM

There are at least 14 engines expected so you should be able to see some on the road Friday/ early Saturday morning.

djones 13th May 2015 11:49 PM

Super Sentinel 'sultan' will be roading over Friday afternoon.