Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Wanted Adverts (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   still looking for 1 1/2 " or 2"Fowler showmans Engine (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=42753)

flwagon 26th March 2018 08:04 AM

still looking for 1 1/2 " or 2"Fowler showmans Engine

Hi everyone, any comments on Fowler models , design ect appreciated, as i have no experience of them,only thetford town, and and well documented of their problems/ faults.! so therefore welcome any observations ! if anyone knows one for sale? kind regards vic

Ben1 26th March 2018 03:54 PM

2 inch fowler

Hi I hope this helps if you look at M.J.engineering they do 2 & 3 inch scale fowler traction engines. They also do all castings and drawings. Kind regards ben

flwagon 27th March 2018 03:11 PM

fowler search

Hi Ben thankyou for your reply, yes i have seen MJ eng traction items and you are right, there are a lot of good points; i did see their 2 inch tractor burrell gold medal, and it really looks good. I think i should have said, part built or completed, !which iam looking for.
I have seen the one 2 inch fowler on station rd steam but i was warned by a very experienced Engineer its not a good runner, and despite all efforts it remained that... I just have to keep looking... maybe fleabay!The plastows design seems to have problems associated with the crankshaft...It is a shame that the drawings are not updated... with known errors
once again thanks for your reply Ben,
kind regards
vic

Cornflakes 28th March 2018 07:36 AM

I made a 2 inch PLASTOW Showmans some 20 years ago and encountered several problems but with a little though it all worked well most of the problems were with timing.
Some time ago I started a thetford town that one had many many problems I gave it to my brother who enjoys a challenge he found the book no help many problems

Ben1 31st March 2018 11:07 PM

2 inch scale fowler

Hi Vic I have been looking around abut since I last posted the other reply I have found a part built showmanship 2” fowler it is at Station road steam in projects I thought of you when saw it just letting you know I thought you may like to know.

Kind regards
Ben

flwagon 3rd April 2018 08:48 AM

2 inch fowler

Hi Ben, thanks for looking and taking the time to reply! yes i had seen it on srs but have been told by someone who knows the engine that it never ran well ,! so it was best to avoid it; the chap is classified as a expert on models and fullsize! which is a shame... but i have seen one coming up for sale!
Hows your search going for a full size Roller? will you try at the spring auction sales ? or do you think private? I like the Armstrong r rollers, ! what type and size are you thinking about?
kind regards and thanks,
vic

Ben1 3rd April 2018 01:33 PM

Hi vic you must have got mixed up with another Ben on here I am only into miniature engines I am currently building a Ruston Proctor SD 4” scale then looking to build a 6” scale Burrell road loco.

Kind regards
Ben1