Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Steam Events (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bedfordshire Steam & Country Fayre - 16th - 18th September 2016 (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=37274)

nakellington 12th September 2016 03:43 PM

friday visit

Many thanks , so a good chance i,ll be there two days.

Steam Boy Hertford 12th September 2016 05:57 PM

For most of the times I've been to the Bedfordshire Rally, I've been on the Friday. From what I've seen, most of the attending engines (95% approx.) are already onsite with a few more arriving in the afternoon.

frequentflyer 13th September 2016 10:09 PM

Several engines roading over from Haddenham and Ely area on Thursday. Most of the gang headed over on Monday but some of us have had other commitments hence the Thursday run over. Route will be Earith to St Ives, Papworth kisbys hut, Warsley, Everton avoiding burning straw, Sandy over the A1 then onto Old warden via the back roads. Will we get there before we are chased down by that big maroon thing with the built in sound system.

andy_smith 14th September 2016 10:09 PM

The RLS will be having a marquee display for the first time at Old Warden this year so come and say hello, have a chat, browse the display and buy a book or two�� We will have a couple of rarely seen engines making there first appearance at Old Warden and in steam outside the marquee. We look forward to seeing you there. Out latest book Traction Engine Archive 4 will be on sale with a special offer on all four in the series.

Black Jack Fowler 7788 16th September 2016 12:48 PM

Ground & weather

Hello

Is there anyone there on site that can advice of the ground conditions? Here in Buckinghamshire we have had a lot of rain today ☹️ Hoping to be able to attend the rally tomorrow, but the driver of the family concern with the amount of rain 🙁

What engines are there already?

Many thanks

Ann

International Steam 16th September 2016 06:01 PM

I've just come back from Old Warden where the rain stopped about 14.00 on Friday. The car park was totally firm on arrival, the grounds were fine for pedestrians but engine movement was still a little limited. There was a limited amount of late afternoon sunshine although by then the shadows were a bit long for many of the subjects for photography. You should have no hesitation in attending on Saturday as long as you can put up with the gloomy conditions predicted by the BBC weather forecast.

C.M.FANCE 16th September 2016 06:20 PM

"gloomy conditions" ... but drying overnight, if chilly.

Steam Boy Hertford 16th September 2016 07:06 PM

It rained loads until the afternoon which meant I had to spend quite a bit of time inside the large tent near the funfair. Great event as usual, but you know how British weather can be. Would go back tomorrow or Sunday, if I didn't have work