Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Steam Events (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Welland Steam & Country Rally - July 23rd, 24th & 25th 2010 (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=12125)

Bill53uk 8th July 2010 07:11 PM

Ive been many times. Im only a paying customer but I love this rally,worth every penny/. I drive about 125 miles to see it. Lots of different engines every year. I own a very rare stationary engine and tryed to get here with it but left it too late. Am from Hertfordshire area but its still worth going, good value for money and good beer too. cheers

WelshWizard 9th July 2010 04:42 AM

2 weeks to go...

Sorry Justin the Octopus is not ready yet...But don't worry there is plenty of other vintage fairground tackle to wet your whistle.. and as always there is something different coming!

mikem 11th July 2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill53uk (Post 120133)
Ive been many times. Im only a paying customer but I love this rally,worth every penny/. I drive about 125 miles to see it. Lots of different engines every year. I own a very rare stationary engine and tryed to get here with it but left it too late. Am from Hertfordshire area but its still worth going, good value for money and good beer too. cheers

What engine do you own. Have you spoken with Peter Allen, the engine steward? He is normally open to late entries if they are suitbaly intresting.

lampwortroy 19th July 2010 09:19 PM

I suppose I should pay a visit. Camping in the area and having been just up the road to Marcle at the weekend, Welland should be a good attraction before we go to Kemble. Could give my T-T teeshirt a second airing and hope to meet some more T-T members. Anyone else going from this motley crew?

WelshWizard 20th July 2010 05:15 AM

Oh yes... This coming weekend.. Not that i have been counting the weeks mind you!

craigctt 20th July 2010 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lampwortroy (Post 121481)
I suppose I should pay a visit. Camping in the area and having been just up the road to Marcle at the weekend, Welland should be a good attraction before we go to Kemble. Could give my T-T teeshirt a second airing and hope to meet some more T-T members. Anyone else going from this motley crew?

We will be there with Royal Sovereign and Lord Kitchener and a couple of the commercials. I will be the sober one on the Saturday night Roy working the sound and lighting for the missus and her m8 on the stage. Come and say hello. Its a great rally.

pasty muncher 20th July 2010 12:26 PM

Shall be there Thursday evening.

chief polisher 21st July 2010 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pasty muncher (Post 121538)
Shall be there Thursday evening.

Same here.

Regards

Matt

Dave © 21st July 2010 07:11 AM

I'll be there Thursday morning with my model Foden.

mugglesquop 21st July 2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave © (Post 121635)
I'll be there Thursday morning with my model Foden.

I shall be there with Dave ©