Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Steam Events (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Harvest Home (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=23079)

ttp2011 17th August 2012 07:32 PM

Thanks Steve, I will be coming over from England as an Ambassador from Glorious Devon and to prove it, I have a pass which lets me cross the Tamar Bridge back to Devon for free!

Pedlers mate 20th August 2012 08:07 PM

Accommodation booked, looking forward to it very much. Still waiting on passports though, may have to swim the Tamar by night if they don't come through!!! :)

ttp2011 20th August 2012 08:51 PM

The Cornish are very, very clever. They let you in without paying but charge you £1.50 to leave if you are in a car!

Cher 20th August 2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttp2011 (Post 223957)
The Cornish are very, very clever. They let you in without paying but charge you £1.50 to leave if you are in a car!

But who gets the money? The Cornish? ?
You have to pay to go over the bridge into south Wales from Bristol and it's not the Welsh or the English that get the money it's the French ! Not a bridge I'd use twice I use the M50 it may work out longer some times but hey I keep my money in the UK

3816 22nd August 2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedlers mate (Post 223930)
Accommodation booked, looking forward to it very much. Still waiting on passports though, may have to swim the Tamar by night if they don't come through!!! :)

Colin, working clothes might just be the order for the weekend, many hand make light work !!!

Steve.

3816 22nd August 2012 04:10 PM

Still more to add to list, organ now confirmed, Chris Smith bringing Marshall roller, Chris Vincent going to bring one of his fleet over for the weekend, hope the weather is going to play ball !!!!
Wheat going to be cut with the binder weekend September 8th and 9th, anyone in area who could help on this weekend please ?

Steve.

ttp2011 22nd August 2012 06:31 PM

Sorry Steve but you could have a problem getting helpers then as some of us are involved with the Engish Heritage's national "Heritage Open Days" events. I have organised the event for the Robey Trust and if don't turn a certain member who is prone to running things over with a Tandem Roller may just decide to do the same with my BMW !! Please note, we are friends but I keep my distance when he is driving.

3816 31st August 2012 04:37 PM

Weather forecast not looking too bad, we will be cutting the wheat with the binder next Saturday, 8th September, All hands to the pumps !!!!!!!!

Steve.

amycamlin 2nd September 2012 10:37 PM

Well the threshing set is looking extra pretty now! I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

windmiller78 3rd September 2012 07:41 AM

good luck with the binder steve, its a shame your not nearer, i'd have been delighted to help, we cut and bound some up here, but gave up and combined the rest its just too wet! still hope all goes well... fingers crossed for the weather.